Tuesday, February 01, 2011

2nd Birthday! Already!?!

I can't believe my baby boy is 2! It seams like yesterday we were driving through a very foggy early morning hours to head to the hospital to welcome him into the world. He is a joy to have in our family, and we love him more than we can say. He is sweet, and intense in a quiet way, a thinker and an observer, and most of all he's my boy. I can't wait to see the things he will do as he grows, and at the same time it scares me when I think of how fast time goes, and he will be grown up, and I will be old.

We celebrated by taking him to an Aquarium--and he said before we left home he wanted to see sharks and crocodiles. I knew they had sharks, but was a little worried about the crocodile bit. This isn't exactly a world-class aquarium we have available to us. But--they didn't disappoint! Hooray! The Aquarium had two Caimans, which are not exactly crocodiles, but close enough for us. We had to go back and forth from the tank with the sharks, and the exhibit with the Caimans. The sting rays and penguins were also hits, and the little teeny tiny seahorses where Belle's favorite.
These kids are rather Aquarium spoiled, I will say, with Aquariums in Chicago, Long Beach, and here under their belts plus Sea World. They love the water animals.

So here's the birthday celebration pics. Keith was thoroughly spoiled and loved it. Don't look close at the cake. Someday my children may have a birthday cake that looks like someone older than 12 decorated, but I'm not holding my breath. Nor should they, for that matter.

I think his favorite gifts were the crocodiles and sharks, followed closely by all the new Thomas & Friends stuff.



2 comments:

Amelia said...

I think the cake is cute! Did you do fondant? I have never tried that, I love how it looks but I haven't been adventurous enough to try it yet...

Harold said...

But when he is grown up and you are old you will have grandchildren who will be amazingly smart and you don't even have to get up in the night with them...at least not very often. ;)