Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Training wheels....or not?!
Both kids have repeatedly ridden for a significant distance without training wheels. Neither child has the confidence to just jump on and GO! They get nervous, then they get wobbly in the handle bars, and stop. They don't crash or anything, they just calmly put their feet down and stop. so HOW do we help them gain that confidence? I tried it with Belle today and all I did was hold on while she got her feet on and almost immediately let go and she was fine...until she would unintentionally turn and then stop herself. Keith goes as long as he doesn't know you've let go. As soon as he realizes that, he stops himself. He hasn't caught on to the "...oh...I was doing it...I can do it!" thoughts.
Some neighbor boys recently had their training wheels taken off so under peer pressure they both asked for them off. I was a bit leery, especially of Keith. since then he's shown he CAN but does he want to badly enough? We'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment