Bedtime was a little crazy tonight. We went to Christine's for dinner and she surprised Belle with an early birthday cake and her cousins gave her lots of attention. It was hard to get her to come home, even though she was completely exhausted.
So by 10 pm I was finally tucking her in. We knelt down to say her prayers and Keith (who was sitting on my lap) just spontaneously cracks up. I mean really laughing hard. Something Belle was doing just got him going. Of course Belle loves to make him laugh (and has been getting him to laugh in the car lately--the two of them in the back seat laughing--) so she feed right off of that and made all the usual antics and then some for getting him to laugh. And he laughed some more. And she laughed and egged him on some more.
When that was over she wanted him to lay by her on her pillow. I thought that was sweet, so I laid him up there and they were playing and talking (the best a 4 mo old can play and talk)...right up until he started putting her kitty in his mouth, chewing on her blanket, and grabing at her water cup. "Mommy, move him, not get my stuff".
Well, that was the end of the play session. But they were so wound up it took awhile for them to get to sleep. I never thought that at this stage they would be winding each other up. And so it begins...what mischief those two will think of to do together I can only imagine. As long as Keith learns not to gnaw on everything in sight, I think we are on our way to a beautiful friendship. =).
Next time, may it be at 10 am instead of pm.
1 comment:
4 mo already?! Time is flying! What fun for Belle and Keith to be "playing" together already.
Post a Comment