Friday, February 12, 2010

Two Things about David

1--what happens when you leave Daddy in charge for 20 minutes while you run to the grocery store? The next day you find a large green crayon chunk in the baby's diaper. And then Daddy sheepishly confesses the boy was gnawing on crayons for who knows how long before he noticed. Apparently wax is not absorbed by the body.


2--Now that the snow has melted we can see a few details about the house we want that we couldn't see before. Like the GREAT BIG, FLAMING RED U on the front lawn. For those of you who know David well, I'm sure you can image his reaction. For those who don't, let me enlighten you. His breath catches in his throat, his eyes begin to bulge, and as he slowly exhales he begins to shake his head in disgust. He is not a swearing man, but strong language comes in the form of vows to mow and mow and mow and mow over the thing til he hits dirt if he has to--as long as not one blade of grass has any speck of red left.


Well, now that I have thoroughly picked on him, I should mention that I really have two OTHER things I would like to say about my Sweetheart.

1--He is perfect for me. He is patient with my shortcomings and rather than making fun of my "lizzy"-ness he thinks it's cute. He can be super silly yet just as hard working. We have a lot of fun together no matter what we are doing. I am so grateful he is my Sweetheart.

2--He is a great Dad to our kids. He would play with them non-stop if I didn't put things on his "honey-do" list. He loves to read stories and get down on the floor and build things out of blocks just so they can knock them over. He works very hard for them and is so concerned that they get a good start to a happy life.

Thanks Sweetheart. Happy Valentine's Day. I love you.

1 comment:

Laylabean said...

I love reading stuff like this. It makes me so glad that the brother I love so much found a wife who is so good for him. You guys really are perfect together - crayons notwithstanding.