Buggie is getting good at telling you what is going on.
For example:
"mouse. mouse. mouse. garage. garage."
Us: "Oh, there was a mouse in the garage?"
Him: "uh-huh. Hiding. Hiding. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy."
Us: "Oh, the mouse was hiding and Daddy tried to find him?"
Him: "Uh-huh. Daddy. Daddy Hockey. Mouse. Hiding. Garage."
Us: "Oh, Daddy used his hockey stick to get the mouse that was hiding in the garage?"
Him: uh-huh.
This happened weeks ago. We still hear about it frequently.
Another favorite story:
While pointing to the new couch "Mark. Mark. Truck. Truck."
Us: "Oh. Mark brought the new couch in his truck?"
Him: "uh-huh. uh-huh." Then pointing to the new chair and bench "Mark. Mark."
Us: "Mark brought those, too?"
Him: "uh-huh. Cup. cup. ice. ice. ice. Mark. Mark."
Us: "Mark put ice in your cup while we were at his house?" (apparently he was so impressed with said ice it has made a lasting impression)
Him: "uh-huh. Choo-Choo. Choo-Choo. Mark. Mark. SMASH."
Us: "Mark has a choo choo that passed his house? and he smashes pennies on the train track?"
Him: "uh-huh"
Obviously you need to know what he is talking about to get the story, but I think it's adorable. While in CA at Aunt Julie's house we went to an aquarium, where I helped him pet a little shark (Belle pet a sting ray and a star fish, but not the shark) and we brought home a few books about ocean life. He LOVES the shark page. He says in a very animated--BOY voice--SHHARRRKK!! I am trying to find a shark costume for him for Halloween. (Making Belle's Strawberry Shortcake costume. Not ambitious enough to make both).
Also at Aunt Julie's he watched a "Thomas the Train" movie. The neighbor brought us some Thomas pajamas three days ago and I can hardly get him to take them off. "Thomas. Thomas. Thomas. Choo-Choo jamies" he says.I guess we can put that on his Christmas/Birthday list.
He is even referring to himself as "Buggie" (sounds like Chubby), and David asked him today if there is anything he can't say. He repeats everything! It is so fun!
1 comment:
I love when kids start talking, such a fun time! Good luck with the shark costume... :)
Post a Comment