Monday, February 14, 2011

Spontaneous Adventure!

We had a great time in CA last weekend...being with family, enjoying the warmth. When David came home on Monday the flights didn't look good for the rest of us, so we stayed! (yeah, poor us...boo hoo, right?) We ended up staying until Thursday when David had his next day off work and was able to fly down and help us get home. Keith is now 2 and needs his own seat so it is a little tricky, especially since Belle is uncomfortable with the idea of having to sit across the aisle from Mom. And so is Mom. She just seems a little young for that.

Anyway, we made the best of our extra days with an impromtu trip to SeaWorld! We had a free rental car day from the place there in Rancho, so we took advantage of that and had a fun day. I'd been wanting to go since one of my friends made plans to go in March and asked us to go along; which we didn't think would work with our schedule. Nana was able to come with us, too, so that made it even more fun! Of the impromptu experience Isabelle said "You should have this idea again!"

The weather was cool enough for our jackets, but we staying comfortable...and the place wasn't crowded at all! We didn't have any trouble with seating or lines...the middle of the week in February--perfect!

They loved the whales, dolphins, sharks, penguins, walrus, etc...and also had their very first amusement park ride. (last time we didn't take them to the ride area). And I have to admit, I'm glad my kids like it--because so do I! I like seeing the whales as much as they do, I think!

I didn't get a ton of pictures, but here are a few.




2 comments:

Amelia said...

Glad you got to go! and that Dave's mom went with you, fun for you guys!

Carol said...

Sea World is one of our favorite places. Glad you could go.....