#1--I found my scriptures!! You didn't know they were missing, did you? Well, I certainly did...and I missed them TERRIBLY. I left them in the chapel at church three weeks ago and had almost given up hope they would turn up. But, in a miraculous answer to my prayers--I walked into the church library on Sunday and they were the first thing I saw! Sitting up on the counter right where I could see 'em. perfect.
I have really been enjoying the study of the New Testament, and it has brought such a lift into my life that I really missed them. I had been reading instead my Portuguese Book of Mormon, which I really enjoy, but I opened up where my last marker was and it was in the Book of Alma where Moroni surrounds the Lamanites at the River Sidon (there you can tell I was reading it in Portuguese? River Sidon?) and one of his soldiers scalps Zarahemna (also not sure about this guys' name in English) and they pretty much destroy all the Lamanites who won't make a covenant of peace. blood. carnage. I know, I know...the Nephites were blessed and saved from an army twice their size because they relied on the Lord, listened to his promptings and were prepared, and then gave all the glory and thanks to God for their victory. But I just wasn't into it. I guess I could have read my portuguese bible...but then you don't get any footnotes, no JST or ready-made cross-references--so I decided to wait. Makes one grateful for the LDS version of the Bible! Anyway, today I got back into Mark and I'm happy to say I had a good day.
#2--In case you haven't heard--I've done it! Yes, I am enrolled at the American School of Piano Tunning and in the thick of Unisons and Intervals. I am mailing off my exams for the first two lessons tomorrow and diving in to setting the "equal temperment" which, I will admit, I am nervous about, and is clearly stated serveral times as the most difficult part of the course. I have a little electric tunner that will tell me if I set "Middle C" correctly, but that's all it is good for--as the piano's intervals are not perfect (I have learned) and if you tuned them to perfect pitch all your octaves would be off--ANYWAY--they do have an electronic machine that will help you set the temperment, but it costs nearly as much as the course did in the first place. So for now I'm going to have to learn to do it by ear. WHEW. Wish me luck!! All in all I am really enjoying what I am learning, and am trying not to get to anxious for results (patience. this is a biggie with me. I'm waiting for "wak things to become strong" on this one. Maybe someday.) AND I FINALLY memorized the circle of fifths. Or figured out that it really takes no memorization whatsoever, just go up the piano in fifths. DUH. you'd think I'd have figured THAT out in 7th grade. nope. nearly 20 years later, here I am, finally getting it. I guess some wisdom (or maybe common sense) does come with age.
#3 I got mad and really yelled at my kids yesterday. While I hope it was a one-time thing, I am feeling a lot of remorse. However they don't seem to care too much. Keith just stood and looked at me, and Belle said "I'm going to call Daddy and tell him you are being mean." Fortunantley I have a supportive husband who was on my side. I decided I need a little break and went to hide from them, to which Belle responded "are you taking some time to calm down, Mom?" Seriously. How many times have I said that to her?? enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment