Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I let the kids use acrylic paint today. Yes I am crazy. No we didn't have any major issues (for once). Belle bought, with her own money in nickles, dimes, and pennies, two wooden birdhouses from JoAnn's (the small ones--with my 40% coupon they were .60 each). One for herself, and one for her brother. So we painted them. Tomorrow when we hang them in the tree out front I'll try to take a picture to share.

I had fun with them, and it was so cute for Belle to put her stuff up on the counter at the store and pull out this wad of change from her "purse" and have me help her count it. "how much did she say, Mom?" And so sweet that she was willing to get one for her brother, too. It was so priceless.

She now wants birds to move in to the birdhouses. I explained that it's fall, the birds aren't really looking for houses--but if they don't they will be cute decorations and we can try again in the spring. "How can a birdhouse be a decoration, Mom?" Because they will look pretty. I doubt they are big enough for any birds to LIVE in, but next time we're out we might buy some birdseed to lure them in for a visit. :)

No comments: