Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Potty Training!!

No pictures. How boring. His cute little bum in undies is pretty adorable.

Keith is a rock star. Just sayin'. After One week of wearing underwear he goes 3-4 hours just fine, and even wore the under wear to church without a hitch. Last night he was fussing in the night so I went to see what was up. He asked me if he had a diaper on. I said yes. So he asked if he could pee in it. I said he could, unless he wanted me to take him to the bathroom. He said no, he would go in his diaper (all of this half asleep). He relaxed, and went back to sleep. So hey! It woke him up! Awesome!

I'm not pushing and there have been a couple days that he has wanted to wear a diaper for awhile to have a break (I can imagine this training stuff is stressful for a kid), which he can whenever he wants. He does request to use the bathroom on his own, but if he goes awhile without asking then I take him. Today it had been probably nearly 5 hours since I had taken him (errands and birdhouse painting and such) so I sent him to the bathroom, stopped to talk to Belle, and followed him. By the time I got there he was standing next to the toilet with a super sad look on his face, all wet. "I sorry Mommy". Oh. sweetie. We gave him a bath and that was that. He just didn't quite make it.

All in all I am super proud of him. The neighbor boy has even taught him a few essentials. Like how to go outside, on a tree. The other day he went 3 times outside the little stinker. I am trying to tell him to come in. Unfortunately, as it has been discussed before, our only trees are out front. And the 3rd time he had an audience. The neighbor to his wife while watching out the window: "Come look at this! You've got to see this!!" And them cracking up about it. They are great people with a good sense of humor, so they just laughed. But really...I saw it too. From about the point he had his pants down. I just calmly went over and helped him pull them up, gently reminding him that's it's better to use the toilet. The neighbors at this point opened their window and laughed with me. "Hey, Mom, the underwear is dry and the tree is happy!" she laughs. Oh, BOY.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Yea! For Buggie! Maybe he will be your easy one for the whole potty training thing. I am hoping Leo decides to get potty trained soon, buying diapers for 2 gets old FAST!