Friday, January 06, 2012

Keith has graduated...

from the toddler bed! We found him a nice full bed for a good deal.
This means two main things (besides that he fits in his bed better)

1--no more pink and purple butterfly sheets. When he was born and we switched all the baby stuff from pink to blue somehow the sheets got missed. And I never bought any new ones. So for his entire life (nearly 3 yrs) he has been sleeping on pink butterfly sheets. I don't think he'll be permanently scared, but it gave me great satisfaction to take him to Target and let him pick some sheets he likes. He picked blue.


2--no more reading bedtime stories on the floor. Since we moved in to this house a year and a half ago every night for bedtime we have piled blankets and pillows on the floor in his room and read stories, sang songs, til the kids go to sleep. Then we have moved them to their beds. Belle's bed wasn't big enough to do this together, and we do bedtime both together since I still lay by them to go to sleep. And we didn't want to do it in our bed, thinking then they would just stay there. So we got Keith a full and we can lie there and read stories,etc. then the kids go to sleep and we leave them both there. I think Belle has slept in her own bed one or two nights since we got Keith's bed a week ago.

So hooray! to improvements!

No comments: