Yesterday morning I had a debate going on--I had plans to go to a funeral, and the kids to go to my sister's for the day. But Keith wasn't feeling super and had been up coughing in the night, meaning he and I didn't get much sleep. Leaving him for the day if he wasn't feeling great worried me. I also had a scratchy throat and worried I was getting sick also. And a bruised tail bone making the 2 hr drive sitting not seam too appealing. But I really did want to go. So when David asked me "what decision will you regret the least tomorrow?"
I decided to go, and take Keith with me.
Belle convinced him otherwise. "Keith you HAVE to come with me! We'll have sooo much fuuun at Aunt Teen's!!" Thing 1 and Thing 2 cannot be separated.
And David was right in his thoughts, I am so glad that I went. Only the gospel full of love from the Savior and a family's love and faith in forever makes funerals an uplifting experience. What a blessing.
So I just want to write a little note, and I don't know how many of the family read this, but I want to say Thank You to the family that was involved in yesterday's service. And let you know that your family, andhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif your precious daughter, are still blessing lives through your example, and the way you put your trust in the Lord and stuck together as a family. You have blessed mine. So Thank You.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esSSh_B4zsY&feature=related
I came home and told David how amazing it is to have a family that even through life's most very difficult challenges and heartaches can show such an outpouring of love. And that it is very obvious that the Gospel of Jesus Christ provides that ability. And I want our family to be like that. That even though we will face difficult times as we all surely will--that we know in whom we have trusted, and together, with faith and love, and come through. How to get that exactly is something we maybe need to work a bit harder on, be better at. But we will try.
3 comments:
Lizzy, How glad I am that you came! It was truly a treat to have you there! As I said before, there have been great blessings on this family as they have gathered around the piano and sang together. Not having done that is a regret I'll carry for a very long time.
Yesterday was truly beautiful.
Thank you, Liz. It was wonderful to see you there and we're so grateful to have you as a part of our family.
I feel the same way! Thanks for putting it down in words!
Post a Comment