Monday, April 30, 2012
We've decided Keith gets away with a lot of things that Belle would not get away with. Because he's either super cute or super stubborn, and Mom gives in to both. Hopefully the real reason is that he's 3 and she's nearly 5. but in any case, he usually gets his way.
He is also going through some sort of attachment phase. He gets absolutely hysterical if I have to go somewhere without him. He reacts the same way when Isabelle leaves for school--to the point where the neighbor I carpool with takes him with her to drop the kids off--for some reason he handles it better that way. Today she had errands to run after dropping the kids off and she couldn't take him. It was not pretty. He stood at the door with sad tears running down his checks shouting and waving "Goodbye Bella!" tell there car was out of sight. When he finally calmed down David & I played with him for about an hour and a half, giving him some time with us by himself. He also cries and has to give David about 7 hugs and kisses and tell him he'll miss him when he leaves for work. So basically, he doesn't like anyone to go ANYWHERE without him. He wants to go to work with Daddy, to school with Isabelle, and everywhere I am going. I'm not sure if he is worried we won't come back, has some deep need to be involoved in everything, or....?? no idea.
then, there's church.
Yesterday he cried and fought when he got out of the tub. When I got him dressed. (he HATES pants and I even bought him some khaki dress shorts to try and reduce the Sunday-morning resistance. It has improved only slightly.) Then refused to go to nursery. As in arching his back and dragging his feet refusing. (maybe this is part of the not-wanting-to-leave-family thing? He can't go anywhere without US?) Then had a royal fit 10 minutes into sacrament meeting. Yep. His time out when we got home was a long one. He told David he doesn't like church. The conversation went like this:
David: "Keith, why don't you like to go to church?"
Keith: "Because it's bad there."
D:"Do they talk about Heavenly Father at church?"
K: "Yes"
D: "Is that bad?"
K: "No"
D: "Do they talk about Jesus at church?"
K: "Yes"
D: "IS that bad?"
K: "No"
D: "Do they talk about families at church?"
K: "Yes"
D: "Is that bad?"
K: "No"
D: "Then what is bad about church?"
D: "They don't talk about oven pampmakes" (his favorite food, german pancakes)
WHICH actually they DID because his nursery teacher asked him what his favorite food is, and of course that was his response, and she took it further and asked him what he likes to put on his pancakes, etc.
These are the answers we get. He doesn't like church because they don't talk about pancakes, he doesn't like nursery because they have a scary T-Rex toy and minty marshmallows. Both of which they threw out when he cited them as the no-nursery culprits. Oh, and he couldn't finish his dinner yesterday because the table cloth was ugly.
See what I mean? Either too cute or too stubborn.
I'm hoping if we just keep plugging away eventually he'll grow out of all of this....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Take a look at Keith's face in the last post and tell me he's not too cute for his own good. The look on his face says "I hope I'm not in trouble". It must be the eyebrows. I think he will grow out of it with your continued diligence in teaching him. He may not seem to be learning, but he is!
Mom O
Post a Comment