Monday, June 22, 2009

I know, I know

So last night after I wrote that long dramatic story I was lying in bed feeling very ungrateful. If the hardest thing that I have to do is let my baby cry himself to sleep then I think I've got it made. I know lots of Moms who have a lot more difficult struggles and thinking of them makes me feel small and selfish for getting so worked up over this sleep thing.

So, in the meantime, Keith is growing out of his 12 mo size clothes, LOVES a stuffed bumblebee he has, rode in Belle's swing for a few minutes today, and is getting better at baby cereal all the time. Since we didn't quite get all the baby gear changed over from pink to blue when he was born, he has had to put up with some pink. He sleeps on pink sheets and every now and then lays on a pink blanket on the floor. It's not that I haven't tried to buy blue crib bedding, it's just I'm having a hard time finding one I like at a good price. I guess I will make it a goal to have him sleeping on BLUE by six months. I keep asking David if it bothers him that he uses some pink. He says no, it doesn't. But he drew the line at a pink bib that says "Flower Princess". Lying on pink is one thing. Wearing it is another. So we bought blue bibs at Wal-Mart today =).

Belle has to feed her baby doll cereal, and push her around in her stroller all over the yard, and says that she "is already happy" whenever you mention that Jesus Christ wants you to make good choices so you can be happy. Apparently she's already happy. I guess I'll have to explain that to STAY happy...
She also quotes books after only a few readings, and goes around singing random songs at all hours. This week she has been "doing tricks with my light" (Sam and Gus) and "looking for old tap shoes" under ALL the beds (Pig a Pancake). On the way to the store today she starting singing in the car "I love Daddy, Yes-siree, I love Mommy Yes-siree, I love Keith boy Yes-siree, we are a happy family". What a riot.

No comments: