Saturday, August 01, 2009

Summer fun and...STUFF

So I have several ideas of things to post about, all of them about three sentences long. So, shorten your attention spans a little (or I guess lengthen if need be) and get ready for the post-of-all-posts.

First: Keith's six month check-up. He is in the 99% in height. He's come down a little from last time's "off the charts". But the poor starving child is ONLY in the 90% in weight. So the doctor says, and I quote, "Since he is quite a bit taller than he is heavy you might have people give you a hard time about him being skinny. Maybe your Mother-in-law will say something. But don't worry, he's fine."
I gasp in surprise. Has he LOOKED at the child?? Does THIS:


look skinny to YOU???
He is now wearing a white onesie that Belle stopped wearing four months ago, only because she was potting training and onesies became a thing of the past for her.

He has also discovered the joy of tearing up paper and chewing on leaves. But has made the funniest sour-face I have ever seen at the taste of baby food bananas and peaches.

By the way, he is sleeping much better. He goes to bed at night without a sound. He is even starting to get better at daytime sleep. Today he cried for about five minutes then slept for two and a half hours. I'm still not getting much done around here, so I'm not sure what my excuse is now, but slowly oh so slowly we are developing a routine. Hooray!


We have had lots of fun this week going up the canyon for a picnic yesterday and to the county fair today. Did I even take the camera either place? No.

Belle quotes:
I guess these are always piling up, every day there is something.

I try to use "love and logic" parenting principles, and one of those is to use I-statements rather than threats. So I'm always saying something like "Mommy gives treats to girls who eat their dinner first"
Then Belle said this at the dinner table: "Mommy gives cookies to girls who eat their dinners first. I am eating my dinner so I can have a cookie."
She catches on quick.

I am also always explaining to her what we are going to do today by saying something like "So, the plan is to go to the store first, then the post office, then we can go home....etc"
She has started saying "SO, The plan is...a bun." I have no idea what this means. I'll let you know when I find out. If that happens.

Belle, about the doll: "This girl is sad. She needs a cookie. I'll get her one."
a few minutes later, with a cookie in hand "She is happy now. I will eat the cookie."

Me, about jumping on the couch: "I don't think Grandma wants you to jump on her couch, put the cushions back, please."
The next day, while removing a cushion Belle says "I think Grandma wants me to jump on her couch."

Yeah, we are having a good time around here.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

skinny keith is a cutie! And his big sister is a crack up! Hope you are good!