David has built a very impressive and awesome sandbox by the side of our house. It is 8' x 8', and really deep (about 2'). Yesterday the sand started arriving at about 10:30 am, thanks to Uncle Mark who drove his truck out to help David get the sand from a gravel pit in Erda. The kids started playing in it immediately, and except one break for PB&J, we were pulling them out at 7 pm amid much protest. About 1 pm it is in full shade from the house, and stayed really comfortable out there. We had the neighbors in it as well, and one 4 yr old boy went home to report: "Mom, I had the
best day...and Uncle Mark kept bringing more sand..." (yep, Mark, you have endeared yourself to the hearts of the neighbor kids;-).
So here are the photos:


It took three loads of sand. A little over 3 cubic yards, I believe. Every time David and Mark made it back with more sand Belle would take charge and get all the kids out of the sandbox and copy David in motioning the truck back. It was cute.




(note about the photos: I am so grateful to have them! I dropped the camera in water yesterday afternoon and have feared for it's life since. Pleased to report a full recovery!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment