Friday, September 09, 2011

while Belle was away...

Keith was pretty sad. He wanted to stay at the school and play. He saw all the toys they had during the open house night and wanted to play with the tools they have. So I was super happy when a little while after we got home his bike Helmet he has been waiting to come in the mail came!! And he went right out to do this:



Yes, that is his new super-cool shark helmet. No that is not his purple princess bike. He is supposed to ride the red trike. Which he is really good at--better than Belle was at his age. It uses a forward pedaling motion that Belle didn't get very fast with until after she was 3--but Keith cruises no problem. But--he knows it's different than a bike and gets on Belle's whenever her can. Belle wasn't home...so he had free reign of it. He does pretty well in a straight line, but has a harder time controlling it if he has to turn or go down an incline. The other day he hoped on it and went down our driveway (which is a good incline) and got completely out of control and crash landed on the grass next to the driveway. I was outside watching the whole thing unfold too fast to stop and was so grateful he landed on the grass.

Today he decided that since he had his new shark helmet on, he would try a similar trick, on purpose. He even asked permission. "Since I have my helmet on, can I go woo woo woo down the hill?" It's the small drainage ditch at the end of our street that is all grass (thanks to our landscape-buisness neighbors). The kids call it "THE hill" and like to go down there to play. Back to the story--so I considered it. Thought he was being a little reckless because he felt his helmet would protect him. And then said yes. He did exactly what I thought he would. went down, and tipped over at the bottom. He wasn't hurt, and didn't want to do it again.

No comments: