#1--Keith refused to go downstairs this morning until he was dressed. In trying to convince him he could go in his PJs he loudly protested "But I HATE Pajamas!!". Let it be recorded in history--the first kid in the history of kids to have to get dressed before seeing his Christmas presents!
#2--He received a backhoe toy that makes noise. One of the buttons plays a "song". Apparently it's a "bad Christmas song". He has repeatedly pressed the button and announced that it is.
#3--So you know the Grinch routine the kids have been doing--with Keith as Cindy Lou Who and Belle as the Grinch? Well Keith requested today to have a turn being the Grinch. OK, sure, go ahead.
I was basically floored when he NAILED IT. I mean ALL of it, what Belle has been doing.
#4--On desperately trying to keep the kids awake on our way home from Marion last night so they wouldn't get a good hour nap then be up for 3 more. With lots of singing, being as silly as possible, chating, keeping them talking, we were successful--but not without protest. "MOOOMMM---You're keeping me awake!!" Yes, Keith. That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. :)
#5--Belle tucked her head under to "jump in bed and cover her head" when she heard Santa's bells last night. Then squinted her eyes shut so tight and went to sleep rather quickly.
Meanwhile, Keith chated away with David and I. "Mom, what is Santa going to bring you? Is he here Mom? etc., etc., etc."
#6-- so one of the main things Belle wanted for Christmas was a watch. I struggled with this a little. Why does the 4 yr old want a watch? She can't tell time! But this is the same 4 yr old who insisted on doing an assignment the preschool teacher gave her to complete in 2 weeks in 1 day--I tried to talk her out of it several times. She was determined. I finally gave in and stopped discouraging her desire to be an overachiever, and helped her do it.
So Santa brought her a watch. Which was good because she was so sure he was going to that she asked yesterday if she could wear her watch to church today. Keith questioned whether she HAD a watch, and she replied "no, but I will".
She wore it to church, just as she had planned. And when she wanted to go get a drink, David explained she should wait until the long hand got around to the 2, then she could go. So she waited, and watched her watch. And waited. And waited. And waited. And got tired of waiting and decided to use the little dial on the side to move the long hand around to the 2 herself. We're working on the time concept thing.
Then this afternoon at Grandma's she wanted a lesson on how to read her watch. So we talked about how the hour hand goes around 2 times for a day, the long hand goes around one time for each hour, etc. And how to read it. It's going to take some time for her to fully understand it, but she wanted me to explain it AGAIN. and AGAIN. and AGAIN. I suspect this will continue until she comprehends it. That's our missy.
No comments:
Post a Comment