I want to be a good mother. Always have clean and well-behaved, well-rounded children.
I want to be a good wife.
I want to keep a super-clean house.
I want to always have delicious, feel-good meals on the table.(that I cooked)
I want to be crafty and creative.
I want to exercise and be fit.
I want to read intelligent books.
I want more patience, charity, long-suffering, temperance, etc., etc....
I want to be the kind of neighbor and friend that always remembers, and notices when someone needs some extra support.
I want to go to the temple more often.
I want to study the scriptures more regularly.
I want to be gentle with myself, and have realistic expectations.
I want to be confidant in my abilities and strengths while a the same time be aware of my shortcomings. Not letting the shortcomings get me down yet not hide them so as I can work on them a little at a time. Knowing that it takes time to develop these things...not getting overwhelmed...yet not ignoring them.
1 comment:
Fun how life changes our expectations. Having clean and well-behaved children is not the same as being a good mother. Good mother's sometimes have dirty kids and vice versa. We cannot control how they behave, only teach them what is right and let them live with the consequences when they chose otherwise. I want to be consistent for my children, I want them to know Heavenly Father loves them and for them to know of my love for them.
Post a Comment