I have had a lot of little crazy moments with these two kids, and some grand adventures--like stranded in Phoenix for 24 hours*--but today, well, this is one for the books. I'm still not sure what I think about it, I'm laughing--yet--
Maybe I should explain.
This afternoon while the kids were playing outside I was trying to get some work done on my course mentioned in the last post. I was moving right along, I was in a spot where I could hear the playing going on and keep tabs on the kids, and things were great. Until Belle RUSHES in exclaiming excitedly "Buggie pooped outside!" and other talking that was too fast and excited to make out. Me, still very calm..."ok, I'll bring him in and change his diaper."
Now I can't recall all the conversation that went on at this point, it was all very fast and mangled and Belle to worked up to get it out without stuttering...
But I soon came to realize he had not pooped in his diaper. Nope. The pants and the diaper were strewn across the front lawn. (YES people. This is happening in my FRONT lawn. To imagine the neighbors peeking out their windows to this scene makes me laugh, shutter, and cry all in the same 10 seconds). And my sweet little two year old Keith standing naked from the waist down on my front porch. With ample evidence of the deed just done on the lawn sticking to his rear end. The parking strip between the sidewalk and the road to be exact.
Pause for dramatic affect.
"I peed on the lawn" my boy says to me. Nice. Very Nice.
After the initial shock of the situation wore off, and the obvious cleaning up of boy and yard that needed done, I thought it must be time to potty train the boy. If he is going to start removing his clothing and going in random places...well, this is not to be tolerated. He does actually use the toilet frequently, but I have not been pushing the issue. Well. I thought I was going to have to bite the bullet and start training him. Then I learned the REST of the story.
Keith was not the only one going on the lawn. You see, this park strip is the only place on the property where there happens to be a tree. And Belle, after camping or some such thing last summer, got the idea stuck in her head that in an emergency, pee by a tree. PLAYING OUTSIDE SIX FEET FROM YOUR FRONT DOOR IS NOT AN EMERGENCY GREAT ENOUGH TO PEE BY A TREE!! Especially one that can be seen by, well, EVERYONE in the neighborhood. I laugh, I shutter, I cry. Innocent Keith quite simple only wanted to do what his big sister was doing. And she helped him remove the diaper. I'm pretty sure she didn't expect what followed, so other than good talking too about coming inside to use the toilet, we are going to let it go there.
Now, do you agree? Certainly one for the books!!!
*being stranded in Phoenix is not so bad when there are AWESOME people to rescue you!! Thanks again rescuers!
4 comments:
Oh Liz I'm at a loss for words! This is too much -- what adorable children! Yeah, this is definitely one for the books!
Love! XOXOXOX
AWESOME!!
Love you! :)
LOL!! Oh my word! It's a good thing we can laugh huh?
I think it had been longer than I thought since I read your blog, but WOW, so many fun/exciting/amazing things to read! My sympathy on the front yeard episode, AND, I need my piano tuned and yes I will wait until you want to. That will be an absolutely wonderful skill to have in our family!! Love......
Post a Comment