You can currently find the following items in my closet:
Old running t-shirts from as far back as 1996 (Some with several holes).
A few sweaters I bought in high school, and the suit jacket from my senior "interview suit" and portraits. A few sweaters and pants from college. Clothes I bought when I was working full-time and wearing business causal every day (haven't been worn in over two years). Dr. Martin sandals I can't bring myself to get rid of. An old pair of sandals from my mission that I will most likely never wear again. A cheap pair of flip flops that I only wore for about 10 minutes and decided they are too uncomfortable. etc., etc., etc.
I'm not boring you with this list to complain about my current (seriously dilapidated) wardrobe, but to confess...I AM A PACK RAT. I am either just too sentimental and emotionally attached to odd things like...an old pair of sandals; or think that someday I'll need that half-filled notebook from my first year of college.
This sort of odd assortment of old and hardly used things can be found not just in my closet, but in most of the closets, drawers, and boxes around here. It is only magnified by the facts that 1-David is a pack rat too and amoung other things has old game ticket stubs from who knows when and can rattle off scores and key plays of the games they are from, and 2-we are living in my parents house and we have our stuff filling in the cracks around their stuff. For example, a couple months ago I cleaned out their overflowing medicine cupboard and thew out anything that expired over 10 years ago. The cupboard was then half empty. (Must be were I get it from=).
David & I have had several conversations about this problem. Sometimes I get on a kick and start throwing things out...only to find I would have used something I got rid of as different things still sit unused in drawers. At least I throw out expired coupons. We had another conversation about this problem just last night and committed to each other to do better and help each other just get rid of it.
So today I added a new slideshow to the blog. Because I just couldn't bring myself to replace the old one.
1 comment:
You and me both! I have tons of stuff I'm holding on to because I think I might use it someday. Of course, that day hardly ever comes for most of it, though I am glad I've hung on to all the baby/toddler toys and gear.
I'm not surprised that David can give you scores and stats from old games. That sounds like him.
Post a Comment