Keith's big thing this week was sleeping 11 hours straight. That was last night after two days at Nanna's and Papa's, his first trip there. He only cat-napped yesterday 15-20 minutes at a time so maybe that had something to do with it. He was exhausted. He got a huge grin on his face when Uncle Matthew L asked him if he was watching over him while on his mission. We'll take that as a yes.
Belle's big thing is potty training. She had been complaining that her diaper was 'scratchy' all last week. So I explained to her that she wouldn't have to wear diapers anymore if she learned to use the toilet. Then she could wear panties. So she wanted some panties. I told her we would get some next time we went to the store. For three days she talked about "green panties", "purple panties", etc. After Keith's Dr appt on Monday we went to the store for panties. It was in the middle of a snow storm and I would have skipped the store if it weren't for my promise to buy panties. I still had no intention of actually having her wear them this week. I thought maybe in a couple months---I should have known better. This is Isabelle we are talking about here. The first thing she did when we got home was take them out of the shopping bags and ask to put them on. I guess I could have said no. But I made a quick decision to let her try it. The rest of the story is--she hasn't had an accident of any kind in three days. She has even been dry at night. GO Bella! (she is still wearing pull-ups for nights and car rides and church, etc...I'm just not ready to trust her with that quite yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment