
El Vendedor de Alcatraces By Diego Rivera
I stumbled across a very inspiring message today. This woman is carrying a heavy load--and it is a beautiful load. And even still, she is not alone. Her burden is being lifted from behind from someone she can't see--but who is there. I think I have been trying to hard to carry my load alone.
My load is also a beautiful one. I can't imagine being without my beautiful, wonderful, even if exasperating, children. It hurts more than I can say to think of anything bad happening to them. They are beautiful. And even still, I am not alone. I think it means that even the most wonderful things in our lives can be hard. And that it's ok to have hard days--it doesn't mean you are weak, it means you're human. But it makes it so much easier when we realize and remember our burden is not ours to carry alone. Maybe that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to someone reading this, but it took a weight off my shoulders this evening.
D&C 84: 81-84 "Therefore, take ye no thought for the morrow, for what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, or wherewithal ye shall be clothed. For, consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin; and the kingdoms of the world, in all their glory, are not arrayed like one of these. For your Father, who is in heaven, knoweth that you have need of all these things. Therefore, let the morrow take thought for the things of itself."
No comments:
Post a Comment