I always have lots of big plans to get lots of projects done when my kids are sleeping and hardly ever do. This week I decided to do the peaches at night. Why? Because I tried during the day and had one bottle done by three in the afternoon, was frustrated, and had frustrated kids. So I buckled down to make myself do it. And now I know why I don't do projects after the kids are asleep. Because I wore myself out and didn't have any energy left for the day. And it was a rough day that has left me seriously doubting my parenting abilities. It was mostly just all the problems we have been having over the last little while amplified by tired Mom and kids.
Here's the run down:
No naps to speak of for anyone, all of us tired and cranky. Belle had a meltdown and woke Keith up from his nap, Keith had a meltdown and woke Belle up from her nap.
Keith a HUGE bruise on his head from falling off the bed and not onto the floor but--the vacuum. I think the floor would have been better. Don't ask why I put the crawling boy on the bed in the first place. I've been asking myself that question all afternoon.
Belle had an accident on the couch less than 2 minutes after I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said no.
So....no more projects. ever. doesn't matter if the kids are asleep or awake in the end it makes us all completely miserable. Basic house work only. Sorry Mom and Dad, but your yard is suffering severely under these conditions.
After a day like today, I need to vent. If you don't want to read the venting, stop reading now.
Don't kids come with some sort of manual??
Every time I think I have solved Keith's no-napping problem we start to have problems again. It seems like I find something that will work, and then he figures out that "oh, that means a nap" and refuses to do it again. Like at about 3 months when I couldn't get him to nap and finally used the swing for about 4 days. After that he would just cry every time I would put him in the swing. It seems we have been going these rounds constantly because FIVE MONTHS LATER--we have the same story. Last week I had a perfect way for getting him to nap without crying, and it worked for about four days, and now he just cries when I try it. BOY! NAP already!!
And Belle--is it a two year old thing to have to FIGHT for everything you want them to do??? She fights me to get dressed, brush her hair, use the bathroom, take a nap, eat, etc., etc., etc. I try to use Love & Logic and give her some control over these things but when we are both tired L & L goes out the window for both of us and it's a tooth-and-nail power struggle all day long. Is this normal?? I know I have a very stubborn and strong willed girl....but THIS?? And we have gone back about 4 or 5 months on the potty training thing. If I let her wear a pull-up she'll tell me "Mom, I peed in my pull-up". Doesn't that mean she knows better?? She just refuses to go until it is an absolute emergency. She'll hold it and hold it and dance around and tell me 'no' she doesn't need to go until she's telling me "I need to go potty" and then just GOING where ever she is, with no effort to get to the bathroom! WHY???
All of this is probably made worse by the fact that of the last twelve days David has been home less than two. We are all tired, and Belle keeps "watching out the window for my Daddy to come home" several times a day. He'll be home tomorrow at bedtime but has his annual brother's ball game on Saturday which will most likely be an all day event, so that puts it all the way to Sunday before we will get relief. Granted--he has the rest of the month off and we are going on a little vacation--so hopefully it will be worth it--but we are plain worn out. I guess I should stop whining about being tired and go to bed then, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment