you don't come to church with us. Here is what you could have witnessed today.
Scene: All is quiet as the Sacrament is being passed. Keith on my lap, Belle on David's.
Action:Keith frantically moving, moving, moving trying to get everything he sees to check it out. The boy does not sit still long enough to get his nose wiped. (side note--how does one give a hair cut to such a boy??) He succeeds when Mom is occupied getting a water cup. He gets a couple of water cups of his own. Water splashing all over our laps. Wet spot on the floor where the cups landed. Small chuckles heard coming from behind.
Whew.
Scene #2: Keith & I in the Mother's lounge shortly thereafter. Belle and David quietly sitting in the meeting.
Action: Belle "I need to go potty!!" David, feeling warmth, jumps up to run her out. Too late. Belle, as David is taking her out, VERY loudly exclaims: "The pee is running down my leg!!!!". Wet spot on the bench where....well, never mind. A few sideways grins seen in the congregation.
David, knocking on the door of the Mother's lounge, looking like he had the accident himself. They go home to change. Me awkwardly asking a member of the Bishopric if the cleaning closet is open and if the church happens to keep Resolve in stock.
Whew.
I think we need to move. How embarrassing.
2 comments:
I laughed out loud... You probably didn't yesterday... someday?!
Yep, someday. Actually as I was relating the story to someone at church she started laughing and that got me laughing. Though I forgot to mention I hurried so quickly out of the mother's lounge to get some paper towels to put on the car seat on for the ride home (didn't even occur to me that the mother's lounge HAS said towels), that I forgot to do up my shirt!!!!! NOw that I laughed about!! lucky I didn't bother to take the nursing cover off either, and didn't see anyone in the hall. What a day at church.
Post a Comment