Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hey, Mother!

I just finished a putting a box of peaches into 3 1/2 gallons in the freezer. Why am I up blogging? I'm not really sure.

I have several posts swirling around in my brain that I want to get out, all of which would take more energy and time than I have right now. So...just to update a little on what has been going on around here.

Keith started army-crawling last week and is getting really good at it. Today he followed me all the way down the hall to the bedrooms where I was putting away laundry. Then all the way back when I went to put the laundry basket away. His two bottom teeth make his smile super-cute, and he weighs 21 pounds.

Belle when I was putting some toys away:
"Hey! Mother! what are you doing? Don't do that, sweetheart! I'm still playing with those toys!"
Today it was similar "Belle, are you done playing with the Legos? Should we put them away?"
Belle: "yes, but I'm not going to help. You do it Mother. Here's a couple for ya to put away" (handing me legos).


Belle was really sad when Ky and John left. Partly because she will miss them, partly because they took their "Horton" movie with them (Horton hears a Who). This is the first experience with her actually asking for a specific thing. I didn't want to just give it to her because she asked, but thought it would be an OK thing for her to have. So she earned it. She put toys, books and shoes away, and even put peaches in bottles. She was so excited waiting for it she made up a little "Horton dance".

She got it a week ago. I think we had it memorized after a few days. I really have to limit how much Horton she gets to watch a day. This will pass, I know, but she LOVES Horton the Elephant. We have got a lot of leverage out of this movie. She can't watch it until she eats all her dinner, etc.

Now I'm going to stop wasting precious sleep time and take my tired body and mind to bed.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

funny cute kids!! I would love to see the Horton dance!
I knew there was something else I was calling you for... Your package got here, Thanks for the binky clip! And Ky wanted to call and tell Belle thanks for the picture, next time I will try and remember to have her talk.