Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Super de-Duper FAST

When I was a kid there was a TV show that this teenage girl was from a different planet and she could stop time. The plot usually involved her fixing her mistakes by stopping time for everyone else. I could use a similar sort of power. The kids are just growing up way too fast.

Last week I was feeling rushed to get home from a family event and I couldn't get Belle off the trampoline at the house we were visiting. She just stuck her little head out the trampoline net and asked "Mommy, will you get up here and jump with me?"
And the thought came to me about just how much longer is she going to be asking me jump with her? Want to sit on my lap to read a story? Or ask me to watch her go down the slide, run in the backyard, play with her toys...etc, etc....all too soon she won't want me to do those things anymore. We were the last to leave the family event.

Keith is in a similar state. Already he doesn't just stay where you put him, won't sit still long enough to cuddle unless he is going to sleep, and what is that in his adorable sucker-face kiss he gives? Ouch! Teeth!

I would like to just stop them from growing up somehow. But I guess they need to experience all the different stages of life, too. Hopefully, at least, we will have perfect memories someday so we can remember EXACTLY how those sucker-face kisses feel, and all the giggly-silly expressions on their faces when we play.

Here are a few evidences of them growing up:
Belle's first pig tails!!



Keith being big enough to play in the tupperware cupboard in the kitchen.


1 comment:

Laylabean said...

Those pictures are adorable! I love the pigtails.

I know what you mean, my boys seem to be growing up all too quickly as well. However, if it makes you feel better, I'm finding that I'm enjoying each stage the girls pass through just as much as I did their earlier years. Of course, we haven't hit the REAL teenage years yet, I may change my find when that happens!!